December 14, 2020
Today we learned that an employee of Cook County Whole Foods Co-op tested positive for COVID-19. Our primary concern is the recovery and wellness of our employee, as well as supporting the continued health and safety of our staff and community.
Upon learning of the positive case, we immediately followed all the recommended guidelines from public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Cook County Public Health.
The employee last worked on December 8th. It was determined there was no risk of exposure for staff and customers. The Co-op is safe to remain open and serve our shoppers.
We continue to follow strict safety protocols, including requiring that any employee with symptoms or known exposure to a positive COVID-19 person follow MDH guidance on testing and/or quarantining before being cleared to return to work. Additionally, Cook County Whole Foods Co-op requires all staff to wear face coverings at all times while working and encourages regular hand washing or sanitizing.
We continue to take the pandemic and the safety of our community seriously and believe that transparency and communication supports a best approach. With that, we want to remind you of the other ways we can keep each other safe right now:
- Wear a mask at all times in public.
- Wear your mask across your nose, mouth and chin.
- Keep 6 feet distance between yourself and others when in public.
- Wash your hands well and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Monitor yourself for symptoms. If you have questions about your specific symptoms or risk factors, we encourage you to call the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at.
- Limit shopping trips, preferably with only one shopper per household in the store at any time
- Shop earlier or later in the day to avoid crowded conditions
- Use online ordering for curbside pickup. Learn more at cookcounty.coop.
We are committed to providing a safe place to work and shop for our employees, shoppers and owners. Thank you for your continued trust in the Co-op and for doing your part to keep our community safe.